Every successful applicant for registration as a Chartered Environmentalist shall be required to sign the Code of Conduct of the Society for the Environment as follows:
As a Chartered Environmentalist I will:
- Act in accordance with the best principles for the mitigation of environmental harm and the enhancement of environmental quality;
- Strive to ensure that the uses of natural resources are fair and sustainable, taking account of the needs of a diverse society;
- Use my skills and experience to serve the needs of the environment and society;
- Serve as an example to others for responsible environmental behaviour;
- Not engage in conduct involving dishonesty, fraud, misrepresentation or discrimination; and
- Commit to maintaining my personal professional competence and strive to uphold the integrity and competence of my profession.